We’ve worn a lot of hats over the years, and continue to find new ones. A wise friend of ours once told us to “never stop learning”, and we’ve taken that to heart. In this business, we actually CAN’T stop learning, because software and hardware evolve rapidly, so it’s a never ending process of gaining new capabilities.
This means that we not only learn new skills, but we also meet new people with brand new ideas. That’s one of the most fascinating things about what we do – getting exposed to new technology, new science, new art. It isn’t possible to grow bored.
And every once in a while something really cool happens – an animation or experience we’ve built ignites the imagination of someone who sees it, which sets them off on a trajectory to design, discover or invent something new. We may never know when those moments happen, but to us, it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
So, don’t think of us as just vendors, we’re collaborators too. In fact, that’s what we like most about our work – the latitude to explore new ways of thinking and visualizing concepts, data and processes that are hard, if not impossible to describe otherwise.
We’re not just vendors, we’re collaborators too. In fact, that’s what we like most about our work – the latitude to explore new ways of thinking and visualizing concepts, data and processes that are hard, if not impossible to describe otherwise.
14 Steps – “simplified”
- Our approach begins with creating a story out of what our client wants to communicate.
- Next we pen a treatment, generally one or two pages that describe what the animation will look like.
- We’ll check-in with our client to ensure that we are on track and on budget, then make changes where necessary.
- The script is next which ties any voice over, music to the animation.
- Storyboarding and style framing is next which outlines the imagery we need to create and ensures our client is on board with the direction.
- Recording voice overs and creating animatics furthers the project – giving us a sense of how objects will work together.
- Next we build basic 3D models and animate them
- Adding textures, adjusting lighting and add camera perspective.
- Lastly, we render the video, tying it all together and complete the process with post-production.
No one will see any of these steps until you want them to. We post all work throughout the project to a password-protected website for review and comment, making it easy to track progress.
PH: (206) 286-0337
RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER